Followers

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Staying Active


Image result for staying active

Staying active for me has never been a problem because I always had football to do it for me. However, now that I no longer play the sport I have found it increasingly difficult to stay active. I was so used to being forced to wake up to go lift, run or practice. I was obligated to a group of people to get things done and to be accountable so being active was not an issue for me at all. Anymore I just want to sit around and watch television or play video games and it can be very difficult to find motivation to get up and do something active.

College does not help this at all. Staying up late doing homework, being mentally drained after a long day of writing notes, or even just having to take care of yourself because your parents are not here to do so. Well I want to give you a few ways you can keep active at school.

  • Find a workout buddy.


Finding a good workout buddy is an easy way to keep yourself active. When we have someone to go to the gym, run, or play a casual sport with we are more likely to do so. We feel more obligated to go and it usually is more enjoyable as well.

  • Play intramural sports.


Find an intramural sport is an easy way to get up and moving. Being on a team is a great reason to get up and play because you will have more fun doing something with all of your friends, plus you’ll get a good exercise while you are doing it. There are a few intramural sports here on campus and even if you are not good at that particular sport, it is still a great way to have fun.

  • Do something you enjoy


If you find an exercise you love doing, then do it! Personally, I hate to run but if running is your thing then do not be afraid to jump on the treadmill. The sports center is full of rooms with fun activities and sports you can play so we have no excuse not to partake.

4 comments:

  1. I have thought about what I'm going to do to stay active once I'm done playing sports and really had not come up with a plan as to what I am going to do. This blog has a lot of great idea and will probably help me stay in shape once I'm done playing sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the most important thing here is to find a workout buddy, it is easy to put off working out when you are all alone but if you find someone that holds you accountable you will be sure to get a workout in. I am interested in finding a workout buddy so if you ever need one please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative blog that can really be utilized by many! I think doing something you enjoy is important because if you simply aren't enjoying your experience and are feeling no beneficial value, it will entice you to not return to the activity. Great Read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel self-conscious when I work out. I know that I am not in the best shape, so I don't like going to a gym where a bunch of people can see me struggling. I don't like the idea of being judged, so I try to stay away. When I do workout, I workout at home. My struggle is finding the motivation to actually workout though.

    ReplyDelete