Followers

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

My Spring Break



This past week I had the privilege to travel to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for my spring break. It turned out to be one of the most exciting weeks of my life and I am glad I had the chance to experience it.

To start things off me and my friends left Ada around 5 PM on Friday and did not arrive until around 2 PM on Saturday. That's right, it was a 21 hour drive when it was all said and done. We only had an idea of what our house really looked like so when we walked in we were all taken back. White marble flooring, white walls, black electric piano, even a signed Dwayne Wade jersey framed on the wall, and that was just the foyer! The back yard had a canal with a pontoon boat, a hot tube, plenty of chair and even a hammock help up by two palm trees.

With how nice our house was we could have just stayed there the whole time, but this was spring break and we all came for the beach. The first day on the beach the temperatures reached upper 89 degrees. It truly felt like we were in paradise! We all met up with friends while on the beach and had a Ohio Northern beach takeover of sorts.

Later that night we all got dressed up and took our "spring break" pictures. Following that we got a nice dinner and headed into town to enjoy ourselves.

These events would repeat themselves for most of the days we were there besides a few minor details changing, such as our beach location, who we were with or where we went to eat. At the end of the day it did not bother us because it was all truly about having fun and enjoying the company of good friends. By the end of the week we were all exhausted, out of money and did not want to go home. However, we all had to face reality and make the long journey home.

Overall I would do it again in a heartbeat and I was sad to have it end. I'm glad I got to enjoy my time there and make many memories with my friends. I am sure I will never forget spring break of 2019.

2 comments:

  1. Not being able to have a conventional college spring break is one of the things you give up when you commit to playing a spring sport in college, Watching all of my friend Instagram and snapchat while they are on spring break makes it look like an absolute ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ft. Lauderdale looked like so much fun i'm glad you had such a good time. The 21 hour drive must have sucked but it was definitely worth it once you got there I bet. It was interesting to see how many ONU students were actually at Ft. Lauderdale as I watched through social media, I am jealous of all the fun you had!

    ReplyDelete