Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Two Weeks, Four Seasons


The past two weeks in Ada have been the most unpredictable and extreme weather I have ever seen. You might actually have a better chance of being struck by lightning than predicting the temperature outside.The past two weeks in Ada have been the most unpredictable and extreme weather I have ever seen. You might actually have a better chance of being struck by lightning than predicting the temperature outside.

Image result for cold temperature

It all started two weeks ago. A polar vortex made its way through Ada and brought a bone chilling wind chill of -40 degrees and lower. The arctic like weather was not the only thing that came with the cold however. We have also received a large amount of snow which even caused Ohio northern to close two back to back days.

This was the first time in years that I truly felt as if we had serious winter weather. However, this would not last for long. The next week the weather rose to 45 degrees, which felt amazing given the deep free that we had.

People were outside walking, running, and moving about. It almost felt like everyone was getting into spring mode. Now, you might be thinking that 45 degrees is not spring weather, but when the temperature is an 80 degrees difference you would think otherwise.
The craziest part was that this weather was not the warmest we would get. We eventually hit the upper fifties. The multiple feet of snow drifts began to melt, squirrels were out and moving, and we even got a few days of rain.

People were walking to class in shorts and t-shirt. The car wash was packed with people trying to remove salt from their cars. You would think that summer was upon us and that the cold times were a thing of our past. However, you would be mistaken.

We dropped from nearly 60 degrees to high 30s within hours. It was like fall came and went without a single leaf hitting the ground.

We are currently sitting at a whopping 28 degrees with another heavy snowfall coming down. It makes me wonder if we are going to get another heat wave to melt this snow again or a deep freeze that forces us inside.

I personally would rather be done with these cold temperatures and deep snow. Unless it involves us not having class again. 






3 comments:

  1. It is so terrible! I just want a little bit of consistency for once! It's freezing cold for several days, then it's hot, we get several inches of snow, then it rains, then the rain freezes... Honestly, this is crazy! I am sure this is happening in some other states too, but right now it feels like it's just happening to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weather really is bad. I wish we could just have one season and stick with that, not have what feels like a different season every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain on this weather! I have never experienced this kind of cold in my life before. Today when I was walking out of my house to class my driveway had an inch of ice and I ate it walking out to my car. We want warmth!

    ReplyDelete