Followers

Monday, February 18, 2019

Managing College

Image result for stress

Being a senior in college has taught me a thing or two about how to manage my time and energy to avoid being overwhelmed. Finding yourself loaded with papers, projects, and homework is one thing, but trying to balance all that while playing a sport or being a part of a time consuming club is another thing. There are however some ways to take pressure off your shoulder to make this all manageable. These are some of things I found to be useful in stressful situations.


Do not wait
Everyone has heard from someone that you'll regret waiting until the last minute to do everything, but if you are like me, you have had your fair share of procrastination. If there is one thing I wish I could have done better in college, it would be to split up my work and slowly take chunks of it out every day. I could not tell you how many times I have waited until the day before to finish a paper or project, and sometimes that effected my grade.

Make sure your getting your sleep
Many people will shove sleep aside and believe that stay up late to study is more beneficial. I on the other hand find this to be more damaging to my performance in school. Your body needs its rest to be on top of its game, so give it some down time.

Find something fun
I believe that this is one of the best things to make school a little bit easier. It could be anything from going to see a movie, playing an instrument, or a sport. Finding something fun will not only relieve you of some stress, but will also give you some needed time away from your studies. So do not be afraid to put the book down for a little bit, grab some friends and go have fun.

These are just the things that I have found useful in my time at school, but everyone has their own ways to manage their work. So remember, stay on top of your work, get some sleep, and have fun while at school. You'll find that school is not so bad when you do so.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your 3 ideas on how to manage your time more effectively and will try to implement them into my daily life. I am a huge procrastinator so when you talked about not waiting I found that especially insightful and will try to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you from experience that all three ideas will help you be more effective in college. what I find humorous is that I'm in my senior year of college and I still find myself not getting enough sleep and waiting until the last minute to get my work done. funny how some things never change.

    ReplyDelete